Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Squares, squares and more squares

Well, I have made 4 squares since our Guild meeting this month.

I particularly don't like garter stitch squares. Yes, they are easy. Yes, they are fairly quick. But man! they are so BORING!

I made a mitered square (garter stitch) to help break up the monotony, but even that didn't help much.

I love making the squares, but I have to have something to give me a bit of stimulation/excitement, otherwise I just want to fall asleep.

Science Saturdays are over. My son is sad. He really enjoyed going and doing this. He really wants an activity to go to like his sister.

She has a Big Sister through the Big Brothers, Big Sisters group. So every Saturday, she and her Big go out and do fun activities. And, J. has to stay home.

It's been almost a year since we signed up to make a match for my son. No match yet. I wish there were more male volunteers for this program. So many young boys would benefit by having a match.

I will keep my eyes open for a new opportunity for him. Maybe something else will come along.

Cheers!

No comments: