Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Donuts! Mmmmmm!

OK, this is supposed to be a link to get a free sample of Dunkin' Donuts Coffee. (Hopefully it will work. I am a very blog button/link dummy)

Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample

Well, that seems to work. Let me know if it doesn't.

Things are definitely going in the right direction with J. He is back in school (as of last week) and had been a model student. His being able to go to a different classroom to work has completely ended homework, missing assignments, and a lot less headaches all around. We are giving this 5 stars for last week, and on our way to 5 more stars for this week.

J wanted to do band camp this summer, but I just can't swing it. It's from 8:30-11:30 a.m. Now, my question is ... how is a single working mom supposed to be at work at 8 a.m. able to make this happen? Answer: you can't. Even with flex scheduling, there are some things that just are not possible.

I need to send both kids away this summer to camp. I hope I didn't wait too long though. I hope there are still spots open for them. (We'll just add more to the credit card bill. :0) ) They both need some time away from the family, and the family REALLY needs some time away from them.

On the Knitting Side:
I need to get some materials together this week on working Toe-up socks. I forgot that I am supposed to give a small spiel at our guild meeting this Saturday. Crud. Knitty.com, here I come. <>

I am working on a couple of blankets (baby/lapghan sized) to donate still. I am working on a pair of slipper socks, finished the baby hedgehogs (gifted one to Mom for Mother's Day), and am back to working the Mystic Light shawl.

Slow Bee Mystery Shawl started on Mother's Day. I have not cast on yet, but this one looks so pretty, from what I have seen so far.

I also need to get back to the kids vest (donation) that I stopped working (due to lack of enough yarn and a pattern cut off right where I had stopped) . I really want to complete 25 items to be donated to the Warm Woolies group. I have 1 1/2 items done. I think that this is a great use of my wool/mohair Lamb's Pride yarn. We'll just have to see what I can get done.

Back to work time!

No comments: