Monday, February 19, 2007

Beautiful Weather!

Well, it's been a while since I added anything here. It's been too dang cold (-20 below windchill, and highs only in the single digits. YUCK!)

Today? Well it's 39, sunny and no coat! It should be around 50 for the next couple of days. I couldn't ask for anything better for Feb. in Nebraska.

Well, I finished a pair of Lacy Trellis socks in Mama Llama yarn (forest green). I can't wait to wear them. I love this pattern, it's so easy to do, and really quick.

I am going to start on the Springtime in Paris sock soon. I have some peach yarn that's kind of shiny.

I also am hoping to start on a pair of Nordic Lights socks. These will be most likely be done in dark blues and white yarn. (I have got to get my camera up and working.)

Waiting ever so patiently for my Socks that Rock club package to arrive. It should be sent out really soon. This is my first time with them, and I can't wait! I have heard raves about their yarn.

I signed up with Mama Llama to receive their quarterly sock club. I absolutely love their yarn. It is so much softer than anything I can get locally.

This weekend I also made a pillowcase for my aunt's dog. Yes, she pampers them like the big babies they are. I am working on a second one for her other dog too.

I should also make my daughter some socks with Bonbon print from Red Heart yarns. It's this bright pink, purple and blue acrylic yarn. I can't bring myself to spend any money on sock yarn for a child that has feet that outgrow her shoes every couple of months. I bought her a pair of shoes in Oct. and had to get her new ones last week. She went up nearly 2 whole sizes. Here you can see what the yarn looks like:

Well, enough for now!

No comments: