Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Rockin' Sock Club

I am waiting. Patiently waiting...

OK, I am NOT patiently waiting. I am on the edge of my seat (which happens to be a ball), bouncing up and down, waiting for my first Blue Mountain Rockin' Sock Club package to arrive.

I am literally BOUNCING in anticipation!

Oh, but I did finally get my spindle kit this week! WooHoo!!! This is just soooo kewl! I tried it out today at work, and found that I can now SPIN my own (horribly uneven) yarn! YEAH!

I don't think this will be a workable yarn anytime soon. But, I am going to give it a try. The first few feet were very lumpy and way thick. I really thinned my roving down and have a yarn about the thickness of sock yarn.

My question is this: Can I unwind my "yarn" and re-spin it to make more even and neat? I don't see why not, as long as I haven't set the twist.

Well, I will have to give it a try when I get a small pile spun up.

I finished my son's green and white slipper socks, and have one of the Springtime in Paris socks done. I cast on the second sock too! I have the second pillow case nearly completed, just need to bind off one end, and seam it up.

And alas ... the weather is turning bad again. They are saying 2-5 inches overnight and through the morning tomorrow. Yuck! This is following rain and freezing rain. Double Yuck!

Spring had better be around the corner, cuz I can't wait for it to stop being so dreary and dead looking everywhere.

No comments: