Wednesday, October 3, 2007

shawl's comin' outta my nose

Well, I am completely engulfed in shawls/stole KAL's. I am working on the Mystery Shawl #5, the Halloween Mystery Shawl and the Secret of the Stole. I also have the "Creatures of the Reef" pattern that I need to do too.

FYI: Secret of the Stole's joining deadline is Oct. 4, 2007!

Here is the yarn that I am going to use for the Secret of the Stole project. It is from Lime N Violet and is their Sidhe Silk Lace. The colorway is Matzu. I think I will use some irridescent or pearl beads. That way it's very subtle.

I am completely engrossed, and can't wait to get home to knit on these.

I also am thinking about making a Hemlock Ring blanket.

On the homefront:

I had Parent-Teacher Conferences last night. Oh my. We talked about how my kid needs to get more "organized". Gee, that sounds familiar. I think that also applies to me! And my dd needs to get more confidence to do her work. That and learn her addition/subtraction. My dd has always done horrible on this timed test. Every year she struggles with it. And so what do they do? They do it all over every year. She knows the answers, just much slower that her peers.

I hate to tell the school, but I still count/add/subtract on my fingers. Can I do them without? yes. Do I trust my brain 100%? NO!

I will try to post the buttons for these shawl KAL's on here later. I just have to remember how to do that again.

No comments: