Friday, July 24, 2009

Performing my Civic Duty

I spent 4 days this week serving on a jury.

It was an interesting experience, to say the least. I knit in all of our breaks, and ended up with 6 dish/washcloths by the end. I figured at least the downtime, when we can't talk about the case, wouldn't be wasted, and I still could participate in other conversations.

You learn some of the strangest things about the other jury members when you are confined to a small room day after day. (What venues have cheap food, movies about juries, etc.)

I am glad that it was a short trial though. And that we were not sequestered.

I didn't do much of anything else this week, except for go to court, go home, and knit during the day.

I am digging out of the piles of e-mail that accumulated over 6 days. Better get back to it.

No comments: