Thursday, August 13, 2009

Son of Dish Rag Tag

I am participating in this year's Son of Dish Rag Tag.

Emily is running this great race for a third year. Thanks so much Emily!

Last year my team had some stumbling blocks, but we still had a lot of fun. And who can beat the anticipation of a small box being delivered with yarn and goodies inside?

I can't wait to get started! Our team will be going coast-to-coast. California to Connecticut, and several stops in between.

Get your needles ready!

On the home front, things have been pretty good. J now has an official diagnosis. While this doesn't make things better, it does make things better, if you know what I mean.

We have just one major test left and that is on Saturday. IQ testing. J has never had this done before, but it will be interesting to see in what range he is at. They did some testing on his vocabulary and understanding, and he tested at/above a college level. (He is entering 7th grade this year)

It's hard to know how to handle a kid that takes everything you say literally, all the time, whose vocab. understanding/use is at a college level, but who doesn't understand non-verbal communication, teasing, or emotions (his or others).

I love him dearly, but some days I can't stand to be around him. I am positive he feels the same way about me. Probably more so.

Knitting is going great! I am knitting up Holiday gifts right now, and they are flying off the needles.

In fact, I received my new Zephyr acrylic needles from KnitPicks.com and have already worn one out. It snapped in half while knitting last Tuesday. (A new set is on it's way - free of charge!)

I am still trying to figure out what to do for gifts this year. Money is way too tight, and the things kids want are WAY too expensive. They are just going to have to be happy with less. (Are there any kids like that out there?)

No comments: