Monday, September 8, 2008

Socks, Pentapi and kids

I am knitting up some "Revenge of the Mummy" socks. I am using some Hannibal Lecter sock yarn. Great color, it reminds me of the old bandages with some grey-ish and lighter brown spots/streaks.

I put those aside this weekend (only did about 10 rows) and made a crocheted Octopus (with only 5 arms - hence Pentapi). My kids found it before school this morning and were swimming it all over the living room. I can see that I will have to make some more of these (and quick). I think that they will have to be birthday presents for them.

I got an e-mail from my son's teacher yesterday. Progress report. I could not be more happy!!!! He has all his homework turned in, all correct, and has done great on the spelling and other quiz he took. I can't wait to let his counselor know about this. I have been a bit worried about how he would handle moving to middle school and the bigger workload.

Today is his first clarinet class. I hope that goes well. He practiced over the summer, but quit playing about a month before school started back. He broke a piece on his clarinet, and didn't tell anyone. He also couldn't fit his reed in under the new ligature (more of an excuse than a real problem). But he has been playing the last few days, and still sounds pretty good. Just a few more strangled geese around the house than usual (if you've ever heard someone playing a clarinet for the first time, you will know what I mean -- LOL). We joke about this so we don't get too discouraged about not making all the notes perfect.

I am as happy as can be. Well, off to knit more mummies.

No comments: