Friday, August 21, 2009

A Little Bit of This ...

Son of Dish Rag Tag is going smoothly. Teams have been chosen, all my team members have checked in, and the boxes should mail out late next week!

I can't wait! I love this type of stuff! It's so much fun, waiting to see if there is a new box when I get home, then seeing the items in the box, then seeing how much I can pack in the box to send on to the next person! It just makes me feel all bubbly inside.

And what else could make a person feel even better? How about a new kitty. Yup! We now have a new kitty at our house. Her name is Pye.



The back story: After we lost our last animals to old age and health problems, it was dictated that there would never be any more animals in the house while my grandma was alive. This was a few years ago. She held out much longer than I expected. But, I've noticed the signs that she was caving in on that old dictate.

My mom brought home this small black and white cat yesterday. Once the cat was in the house, my gran says "Now we need another one, so she isn't lonely".

So, back to the Capital Humane Society we went, to try to get another cat. Unfortunately, they were all out of adult cats. We will try back today or tomorrow. Heaven forbid the cat not have a companion of her own species.

Knitting is going well. I am getting a lot of holiday knitting done, and am really excited to knit again. Now, I must find kitty toy and bed patterns. Pye can't be left out of the knitting/crocheting gifts.

The kids are back to school and everything is good on that front too. (So far) J. has already talked his band teacher into letting him try the bassoon again this year. I think he is bringing it home today. Joy!

Well, I'm off to have a great afternoon, with possibly another kitty coming home!

1 comment:

Jess said...

not one, but two kitties?! lucky!!!
she's so cute :)