Monday, June 1, 2009

End of school approaches, and the frustration begins

OK, this post is just one big rant. Ignore as needed.

I am a bit apprehensive about school ending this week. I will be glad to not have to worry about missing assignments, and "we need this" and "we need money for this".

But... there is the problem of what to do with the 2 kids to keep them entertained/out of trouble/not fighting over the summer.

I wonder if there is any way to find more money and more camps for them to attend? I would love to be able to send them to camp all summer. (Anywhere!) But one's that wouldn't cost me an arm and leg to do so. (And one who is capable of dealing with an out of control temper/behavioral problems)

I do have a couple weeks of each kid going to Camp Kitaki. J will be going the week after next and K. will be going right after the 4th of July. I am also looking into a music camp for J. to attend. But then I feel guilty for not having a 2nd camp for K.

Then I find out that I may be called for Jury Duty on the week of the music camp. Well, that just stinks. I was thinking that I could take a day or 2 off that week and spend it with K, instead of a 2nd camp, but if I am stuck in the courthouse ...

I will have to think about this some more. I wish there were more options.

Everyone keeps telling me about BrightLights. But the hours do not fit with having to work an everyday job from 8-5. I mean the morning session is from 9-noon, and the afternoon session is from 1-4.

Who schedules these things? Don't they realize that people have jobs? I guess they are still under the impression that the "wife" stays home and can cart the kids to all their activities. and why don't they provide before care and lunch supervision at the other locations? I would have to get to work 1.5 hours late and leave 1.5 hours early. I mean, I guess then I would have to leave work again at 11:30 to supervise my own child over lunch and hurry back after 1 p.m. So, I would be at work from 9:30-11:30 in the morning and 1:30-3:30 in the afternoon. Sure, that's close to a full 8 hour day.

Ok, I think I've ranted enough (or quite a bit more that enough).

On the knitting front: I have started (and almost finished) Nessie from Amigurumi Knits I have the flippers and horns left.

I am almost 1/2 way done with my beaded sock from the Knitter's Brewing Co.

I finished those socks I have been using as appointment waiting room socks.

I made a purse/bag.

I made the garden snail from the same book that Nessie is in. (I plan to make many more of these creatures. I love this book so much.)

I made out my list of people for Christmas, and started to gather ideas for what to do (hopefully most can be accomplished from my stash). I may have to get out my 3 foot long size 50 knitting needles again.

I'm about 1/2 way done with a gift for Tana and her newest edition.

I still need to finish a blanket that will be gifted/donated too. Just have to seam up all the blasted blocks.

Plus I have some shawls I need/want to knit up, and several more KAL's coming up.

(Just remember Jess, you wanted me to blog more. I am sure you are having fun getting reacquainted with NYC.)

1 comment:

Jess said...

yay for posting more! you better keep it up ;) and you ma'am, are a knitting machine, fact!