Monday, June 15, 2009

A Week of Horses

J is off to Ranch Camp at Camp Kitaki (near South Bend, NE). I am both elated and full of trepidation. I love having J enjoy time out of the house, riding horses, spending time with other kids his age. But... I also dread having J out of the house spending time with other kids his age, or those that are not familiar with his subtle signs of impending doom. (These are pictures of 2008)


I am hoping for a great week (weather permitting) for him with his horse and new friends. I think that he will keep it together. I just wish I could know for sure.


I haven't even had a chance to knit more that about 4 rows on anything for the last week. This is beginning to get on my nerves. I miss knitting every evening.

On another completely different note: "One Book, One Lincoln" announced the 5 finalists for this year's reading. They seem a bit more probable than last year's titles, but still a bit dark in theme. (racism, poverty, Sudan "Lost Boys", and civil wars). I will have to try to get one of these and see how they go.

I am starting to get K ready for her tour at camp. She goes in about 3 weeks. She's excited and ready to go.

No comments: