Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to school

Well, the kids are now back in school (day 4). They like their teachers (so far) and that seems to be half the battle.

I love that they are excited to be back (even though they don't show it at 6:30 in the morning -- that's just moans and groans and covers being flung over their heads to represent amorphous amoebic blobs)

There are some growing pains associated with the return of school. No, you can't sit on the toilet for 20 minutes (basically sleeping) and still get ready on time. And dribbling your drink (twice) on your clean (just washed yesterday) clothes requires you to change clothes before leaving. (and no, you can not wear what you had on yesterday. and another no, you can not take 20 minutes to do this task).

Are you getting the feeling that one of my kids likes to take FOREVER to get things done????

Yeah, I have one of the biggest procrastinators in the world for a kid. And the other kid? well, let's just say he is very opinionated and stubborn as a mule once his mind is set.

I love them both bunches and bunches, but good golly ... I really hate some of their habits/behaviors. We are working on curbing some of them, and others I just try to ignore. (I can't ignore the 20 minutes on the toilet though, because we 3 share one bathroom)

Knitting is slowing down. I had a great surge of knitting with the start of the Olympics, but it has really trailed off. It seems I was able to knit fast and a lot while the swimming and gymnastics was going on, but once the swimming was over? well, my get-up-and-go got up and went.

I did get 2 pair of socks and a bunch of washcloths made, plus 1/2 of another pair of socks nearly done. I didn't get to the mini-hedgehog. I will, but not for a while.

I want to make for things to send off for charity. I also want to design a top for myself. I need to customize it so that I would actually wear it. Hmmm. Maybe those Barbara Walker books will come in handy.

No comments: