Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympic Progress

I finished the WIP Wrestling and the Gifts.

I finished the Sock-ease socks for my son yesterday (Sunday) and also finished the dishcloths. I actually made 4 instead of 3. They ended up being crocheted, but hey, they are done!

I also have half of the first sock for the Sock Put event done. I should be able to finish it up by Wednesday (I hope!) My goal is to have the pair done by the end of this weekend. That will let me spend some time making the hedgehog for the finish!

On another front, we all had our eyes checked this weekend. Of course things have changed. But just a hair. My son now has a new pair of glasses. They are lime green and black. He fell in love with them the minute he saw them. Then the lady helping us told him that they didn't have any in his size. So he started looking for a different pair. All of a sudden, she found the lime ones in his size. All the sunshine came back into my son's face.

I, on the other hand, am waiting for my trial contacts to come in!!! I have waited my entire glasses-wearing life (since 7th grade) to be able to try contacts. I can't tell you how much I HATE wearing glasses. As soon as they come in, I will make my appt. to have my fitting/teaching.

I just want to try them. I may not like them, but at least I will have tried. You never know until you try something new.

Well, have a great day!

No comments: