Friday, August 8, 2008

The Olympics and the Ravelympics

And the race is on!

True athletes are competing in Beijing and knitters/crocheters are competing in their own events.

I am entered into 4 events. Someone I know didn't think that 2 events were enough. So ... I entered into 2 more. I am entered into the WIP Wrestling (sock), Sock Put (pr. of socks), Amingurumi and Toy Toss (mini hedgehog) and Gift Knits Pentathalon (set of 3 dishcloths).

I have the WIP almost done. I have to finish the gusset and rib the foot then finish the toe. I should have this done sometime tomorrow. (Yeah, me and my big dreams!)

I want to cast on a dishcloth next. That way I don't get too bored just making socks. I think these are going to be the flower shaped ones or round ones.

My hedgehog will be deep purple with light purple feet, and Sapphire fur. These usually take me about 5 evenings to finish knitting. So hopefully I can have it done for next weekend's laundry.

That will just leave me to knit another pair of socks.

I am excited to start watching some of the Olympics. It amazes me at the feats some people can accomplish with the human body. I often wish that I had the mental capabilities of a top-notch athlete. Not so much the physical ability, but the mental one. I have a hard time just keeping up with the must-do things, let alone the drive to keep at a task for more than a week or 2.

Yup! I have no endurance. I am one of those people that needs someone to force me to do things. I tried to get my kids to put some pressure on me, but they aren't much better. I thought it would be easy to get them to make me go swimming, but they forget 15 minutes after I tell them something.

Oh, well. I am on my way to start planning some Olympic T.V. for the weekend so that I can compete in my Ravelympic events.

No comments: