Monday, August 4, 2008

A Day in Hades

Saturday and Sunday was too dang hot to be running around town, but when else are you going to get all those things bought?

I spent nearly all day Saturday running from one place to another. We start most Saturdays getting up early and heading to swimming lessons. (45+ minutes of knitting - Yeah!) then we usually head to the library or the park. This time it was the park. Then we went to Shopko to start the wonderful bank account drain of school shopping. Thought I'd check to see if I made sure I had my credit/debit card. Nope. So had to run home real quick, grab the card, then run back to the store. Grab a bite to eat at the McD's across the road, run home to get K ready to go with her Big.

Once she went with her Big, I dropped J off at a friend's house, ran to Dietze Music to pick up a broken part for J's clarinet. I had already been here earlier last week to get him some new music, and he "forgot" to tell me he needed this broken piece replaced.

Ran home, sat in the A/C for a few minutes to cool down and get ready for knitting at Braeda's.
I had all my stuff ready to go, swung by to pick up J, and he said he had to run home to get his stuff to take to knitting. OMG!

So ran back home, he ran in and got his stuff, ran back out, then drove over to knit/drink/chat.

Right before leaving to go home, got a call from K's Big. Could I pick her up? No problem. Could I also do a favor and drop K's Big off to pick up her car from the shop? sure. (Frantic bagging of trash from the car, so someone else can sit in the front passenger seat -- in 102F)

Drove to pick them up and drop K's Big at the repair shop, only to find out that her car had no brakes when she picked up my DD.

Ran to the closest Popeye's to grab some supper, then ran home for the final time. Needless to say, I still didn't get everything done that I had wanted or needed to.

Woof!

After that, Sunday seemed to drag on forever (I refused to go anywhere until about 4 p.m. while the kids begged to go swimming, and a stop at the humane society to drop off the shoe boxes and dream about getting a pet.).

I thought that the day would never end.

No comments: